Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In a predicament!

As part of our shadows and light activities this week we took a twist on a graph and incorporated prediction. Usually we just predict if we think the groundhog will or will not see his shadow. I am all about challanges this year. So, after discussing the grand performance of  Mr. Groundhog coming out of his burrow, the students had to decide if they wanted sunny or cloudy weather on February 2. The conversation among them was most interesting as they began to think about their prediction of having to choose unpopular weather, their explanations, and how it led to inductive reasoning with cause and effect. I know the children will be full of excitement tomorrow...( Its raining here tonight!)

1 comment:

  1. I always encourage my STs to challenge their students...just as you have done here. I think this was a great idea and a welcome change from the usual GH Day activities:)

    ReplyDelete