Monday, February 13, 2012

Twister-Boggle,maybe?

I am not sure what we should call it but with a "spin-off" from Boggle, the word game, my para-pro aka co-teacher and I used the letters from this week's selected sight word list to make a grid on the floor. After using contact paper to adhere them to the floor I decided to give it a try. While I was hopping and stepping from letter to letter to spell a word, a little girl walked up and said "Or you could just do this...." as she stepped on two letters and tagged a third one with her hand. " You know, like Twister!" she said. Uh huh... I thought. So, there you have it.. Once again we follow the lead of our students! Love it when that happens! However they choose to use it, I am excited to have another way to practice recognizing and spelling sight words. (Although the bubble letters are cute and attractive, we really should have used lowercase letters...a definite change for next week!).
Photobucket

1 comment: